Caregiver Procedures and Guidance Resources
• Information on the questions we are required to ask and record daily during the COVID-19 pandemic.
• The link to the required CareAcademy COVID-19 Certification Class.
• Basic information and facts on the COVID-19 virus.
• UHS procedures to minimize transmission of COVID-19.
• CDC answers to COVID-19 FAQs.
• CDC Guidance on protecting yourself from COVID-19
• CDC guidance on what to do if you have symptoms.
• UHS procedures for correctly washing your hands.
• UHS procedures on correctly using hand sanitizers.
• The CDC hand hygiene course with healthcare workers.
• The slides from the CDC hand hygiene presentation for healthcare workers.
COVID-19 Causes, Symptoms, Diagnosis, Treatment, and Pathology
An excellent video on COVID-19. As it was produced on March 15, the figures on the number of cases, etc.,
is outdated. However, the information is valid.
An explanation of what is being done to flatten the curve and raise the line due to COVID-19.
Clinical Skills -- N95 Masks
A video on the proper technique to put on, use, and dispose of a mask.
Making a Face Mask From a Paper Towel and Two Rubber Bands
Clinical Skills -- Putting on Sterile Gloves
This video shows the proper technique for using sterile gloves, but is also valid for all clinical use of disposal gloves
Clinical Skills -- Disinfecting Frequently Touched Surfaces
How to correctly disinfect surfaces