Caregiver Procedures and Guidance Resources
• Information on using the new Caregiver Mobile App.
• UPDATED information on the questions we are required to ask prior to going to work.
• Information on the questions all caregivers are required to answer prior going to work.
• The link to the required CareAcademy COVID-19 Certification Class.
• Basic information and facts on the COVID-19 virus.
• UHS procedures to minimize transmission of COVID-19.
• CDC answers to COVID-19 FAQs.
• CDC Guidance on protecting yourself from COVID-19
• CDC guidance on what to do if you have symptoms.
• UHS procedures for correctly washing your hands.
• UHS procedures on correctly using hand sanitizers.
• The CDC hand hygiene course with healthcare workers.
• The slides from the CDC hand hygiene presentation for healthcare workers.
COVID-19 Causes, Symptoms, Diagnosis, Treatment, and Pathology
An excellent video on COVID-19. As it was produced on March 15, the figures on the number of cases, etc.,
is outdated. However, the information is valid.
An explanation of what is being done to flatten the curve and raise the line due to COVID-19.
Clinical Skills -- Handwashing
A video on the proper technique to wash your hands.
Clinical Skills -- N95 Masks
A video on the proper technique to put on, use, and dispose of a mask.
Making a Face Mask From a Paper Towel and Two Rubber Bands
Clinical Skills -- Putting on Sterile Gloves
This video shows the proper technique for using sterile gloves, but is also valid for all clinical use of disposal gloves
NEW Clinical Skills -- Donning Your PPE Part 1
This video shows how to correctly organize and don of your PPE
NEW Clinical Skills -- Doffing Your PPE Part 2
This video shows how to organize and doff of your PPE
NEW Clinical Skills -- CDC Sequence for Donning and Doffing PPE for COVID-19
This video shows how to don and duff PPE per CDC guidelines
Clinical Skills -- Disinfecting Frequently Touched Surfaces
How to correctly disinfect surfaces
Clinical Skills -- Transfer Skills
How to correctly transfer your client
Clinical Skills -- Dental Care
How to correctly assist with dental care
Clinical Skills -- Bathing, Shaving, Nail Care and Dressing
How to correctly assist with bathing, shaving, nail care and dressing
Clinical Skills -- Toileting and Incontinence
How to correctly assist with Toileting