Pros and Cons of Aging In Place
“Aging in Place” describes the desire to live in your own home in later life, for as long as you are able.
Remaining in your own home may involve social support, in-home care services and adapting the home to help you live safely and independently.
AARP reports that nearly 90% of seniors want to stay in their own homes as they age.
Over 50% of family members are now more likely to choose in-home care for their loved ones than they were prior to the COVID-19 pandemic, according to a recent survey by Transcend Strategy Group.
Advantages of Aging in Place:
• Maintains the familiar home environment and avoids the stress and anxiety of moving into a long-term care facility.
• Fosters the continuity of community for the senior.
• Keeps the senior’s valuable social networks intact.
• Provides cost savings over other long-term care options.
• Strengthens the family.
• Promotes greater senior physical and mental health.
Disadvantages of Aging in Place:
• Low, moderate, or high investment in home modifications dependent on the need and the home situation.
• Senior resistance to any home modifications and helpful technology.
For more information on go to our Directory of Aging in Place Resources.
About Unique HomeCare Services
We provide both short-term and long-term in-home care needs from as little as one 4 hour day a week to 24 Hour Care and Live-In Care.
We offer a full range of in-home personal care services including Bathing, Personal Hygiene and Grooming, Dressing Assistance, Toileting and Incontinence, Feeding, and Medication Reminders.
We also provide support services such as Case Management, Accompaniment to Appointments, Nutrition and Meal Management, Light Housekeeping and Laundry Services, Bed and Wheel Chair Transfers, and Shopping and Running Errands.
Unique HomeCare Services is headquartered in Norwood, Massachusetts and serves the surrounding communities.
It is our pleasure to assist our veteran clients with VA Aid and Attendance Benefit approval at no cost.
We have an extensive Directory of Online Senior and Caregiver Resources for the information you need.
To schedule a no cost and no obligation In-Home Assessment to determine the home care needs and get a quote, please call us to speak to a Case Manager at (800) 296-9962 or fill out our Free Quote Contact Form.